Project WILD would like you to know each of the 2019 Top 12 even better. We prepared five questions for each of the artists/bands to help us learn a little more.
- What brought you to country/roots music?
As a music listener and fan first, country and roots was a natural conclusion. The songwriting and stories spoke to me in an honest way, and I wanted to tell my story through that lens.
- When did you write your first song – as an artist or with a band?
I’d been writing prose and poetry for most of my life but fell into a song called “Saskatoon” after my first major heartbreak in my early twenties. I still love to play that song live.
- If you could go on tour opening to any performing artist right now, who would it be?
I’d love to be on tour opening for John Prine, Willie Nelson, Patty Griffin or Lori McKenna.
- What is the best trend in country/roots music right now?
The trend I’m most excited about is the progression of country music and popular culture to include a more diverse roster of songwriters, singers and song topics.
- What part of Project WILD are you most looking forward to?
The bootcamp and development sessions are a big part of why I’m excited to participate, but the opportunity to connect with and collaborate among Alberta’s country and roots community is always a great opportunity to learn and grow the craft of songwriting. There’s a lot to learn from the program and each other and I’m very excited!