Project WILD would like you to know each of the 2019 Top 12 even better. We prepared five questions for each of the artists/bands to help us learn a little more.
- What brought you to country/roots music?
I’m a country girl from the Southern Foothills of Alberta, and I truly believe its just in my blood. Even in high school when I ventured out into other genres, I always came back to country.
- When did you write your first song – as an artist or with a band?
I think I wrote my first song when I was about 18 or 19. I’m not going to say it was very good but it wasn’t bad for the first one!
- If you could go on tour opening to any performing artist right now, who would it be?
I would love to be the opening act for a Colter Wall tour. It would be a lot of fun to tour with the band and I would have no problem listening to his songs every night.
- What is the best trend in country/roots music right now?
I really love the less produced sound in country roots that’s happening, I know its not new but I think it’s reaching a larger audience and thats exciting! I think it lets the song and the lyrics shine to not be covered up by so much production.
- What part of Project WILD are you most looking forward to?
I am so looking forward to the Project WILD Bootcamp! I’ve heard so many great things about camp! The opportunity to meet and work with so many industry professionals is unreal! I’ve been referring to Bootcamp as “music school”, I’ve never been so excited about school in my life!